statement of intent
Statement of intent
My magazine- Liberte is targeted at culturally sophisticated, 16-25-year old's who are interested in fashion. I have picked a broad fashion choice ranging from vintage clothes to the latest trends from the high street to attract a wide demographic of people who have many different styles. As well as the fashion aspects, I have combined in a beauty and lifestyle section to add in tips on things like weekend breaks and DIY aimed more at the older people in the demographic. As I based my magazine in Manchester, I have included articles that would support the local independent fashion-based shops to encourage the sense of community throughout Manchester. This also links to my models who are all local people from Manchester as I believe it shouldn’t just be highly trained models who feature in a magazine, but normal people who have their own sense of style they want to show. I also believe we shouldn’t see beauty through the tiny, edited models on the cover of magazines, we should see beauty through normal people that express their personality in other ways to make them beautiful.
In my articles I have incorporated a worldwide problem of animal cruelty to spread the message to the demographic that we shouldn’t be killing animals for material purposes such as to line a coat, they are a life to and as humans we have a duty to protect animals. I have linked this to fashion as there are many other options such as faux fur. I think it is important to spread this message across a wide audience to help people understand the severity of animal cruelty and how we should tackle it in any way we can by avoiding it!
I have created my magazine so it is in seasonal issues so I can directly choose a clothing type to fit the weather whether that is in my key image or in my articles as promoting clothes for the season we are in can encourage people to want to go out and buy them after seeing them on a model.
I have used both male and female models in my magazine so I have a diverse audience and it isn't just aimed at girls as there are male fashion choices included inside the cover and contents page.
Comments
Post a Comment